Honor Resources Company was formed March 1, 1988, to provide professional land services to the mineral and telecommunications industries in the Appalachian Basin.
Honor provides experienced land agents and abstractors to client companies on a contract basis to:
- negotiate oil and gas leases, coal-bed methane leases, and coal leases
- purchase fee minerals and surface lands
- negotiate and secure power plant and compressor sites, pipeline and fiber-optics rights of way
- settle damage claims
- perform cursory title examinations, abstracts and title curative before and after mineral development
- provide in-house contract land services
- negotiate and prepare various exploration and production contracts for joint or sole mineral development
- construct and maintain land/mineral maps as well as general consulting to the mineral and telecommunications industries
- due diligence review on newly acquired assets
- full-time Genealogy/Heirship Team that can find the tough missing heirs and lessors that others can’t find
- full-time GIS/Mapping Team to get tracts properly located and create professional, accurate maps
Honor Resources Company is the only Appalachian Basin brokerage with a formal, intensive, AAPL accredited landman training program for new hires which has been attended by over 150 land professionals to date and is being utilized as a model by the State of West Virginia, Council for Community and Technical College Education as new course material for the Fall 2009 college curriculum.
Member: Virginia Petroleum Landman’s Association &
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Michael Late Benedum Chapter of the A.A.P.L.
- Southern Appalachian Association of Professional Landmen
- IOGA – Independent Oil & Gas Association of West Virginia
- Northern Appalachian Landman’s Association
- International Right of Way Association
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Pittsburgh Geological Society
- Virginia Association of Petroleum Landmen